Today kicks off the best month of the year, National Pizza Month! To celebrate try one of our autumn pizza recipes here.
Whether you like something savory or something sweet we have the perfect pizza recipe for you! If you love baking off your own pizza creations, it’s a great time to start gathering some fall-inspired recipes. A few ideas include:
Autumnal Roasted Vegetables with Herbed Ricotta Cheese
- ½ cup of Butternut Squash, peeled, seeded, cut to 3/4″ cubes
- ½ cup of Carrots, peeled, cut to 1/2″x2″ sticks
- ½ cup Red Onion, cut to wedges
- 4 New Potatoes, cut to wedges
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 4 Large Sage Leaves, coarse chop
- ¾ cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Basil, chopped
- ½ teaspoon Honey
- Pinch of Kosher Salt
- 3 Basil Leaves, torn (for garnish)
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic Glaze (for garnish)
- Begin with a Classic Cheese Home Run Inn pizza.
- Toss the cut vegetables, Olive Oil, Kosher Salt, and chopped Sage Leaves. Then place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 400° until the vegetables begin to soften and brown slightly (35-40 minutes). Cool and reserve.
- Mix together the ingredients for the Herbed Ricotta. Spread the roasted and cooled vegetables on top of your Cheese pizza. Take care to leave clear spots of the pizza so that the cheese can brown. Place dollops of the herbed ricotta on top of the vegetables. Bake according to the instructions until the cheese begins to brown.
- After removing from the pizza from the oven, sprinkle torn Basil Leaves on top and drizzle with Balsamic glaze. And last but not least – ENJOY!
Pumpkin Patch Pizza
- 2 orange peppers
- 1 head of broccoli tips
- Begin with Classic Cheese Home Run Inn pizza.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut peppers in small rectangular shapes and create pumpkin shape with them on the pizza.
- Add broccoli tips for the pumpkin patch.
- Place one broccoli tip at the top of the pumpkin as a stem.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Apple Pickin’ Pizza
1 HRI Cheese Pizza.
1 Thinly sliced apple.
Pinch of Thyme.
½ cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese.
- Top your HRI Cheese Pizza with thin slices of apple.
- Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese over pizza and apples.
- Bake pizza as directed. Once the pizza is out of the oven, top with some crumbled bacon and thyme and, if you’re feeling adventurous, a little maple syrup. Happy fall!
Whether it is the smell of pumpkin, taste of butternut squash, or even the sweet sight of a luscious apple let yourself FALL in love with a Home Run Inn pizza made fresh to your liking!