1) Place White Bread, Whole Milk, Garlic Clove, and Kosher Salt into a food processor and puree until smooth.
1a) If no food processor is available mince Garlic, then mash Minced Garlic, Whole Milk, White Bread, and Kosher Salt together in a bowl with a fork until a paste is formed.
2) Combine with Ground Chuck, but do not over-mix.
3) On parchment or wax paper form into a patty 6 1/2″ wide and about 1″ thick. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
4) Place burger patty on grill which has been preheated on high then turned down to medium, with one burner still on high (if charcoal, cook indirectly then finish directly over coals). Cook on medium with lid closed for about 5 minutes. Flip with a wide spatula or 2 smaller ones over the high burner (or directly over coals). Close lid and cook for another 4 minutes.
5) Turn burger over again. Top with Onion Jam, Cooked Bacon Slices, and Fontina cheese. Close lid and cook until cheese melts.
6) Toss Arugula with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Kosher Salt.
7) Place bottom pizza with cheese side up. Place burger on top, then put arugula on. Place second pizza on top with cheese side up.
8) Skewer each quarter with a Knot Pick so the sandwich doesn’t fall apart, then cut in between picks into quarters. Enjoy!
2 Home Run Inn 6″ Cheese Pizzas, grilled
1 lb Ground Chuck (80/20)
1 Slice Sturdy White Bread, crusts removed (not Wonderbread)
1 tablespoon Whole Milk
1 Garlic Clove
½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
6 slices Smoked Bacon, cooked, thick cut
3 tablespoon Onion Jam
4 oz Fontina Cheese, cut into slices
1 cup Arugula
¼ teaspoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Kosher Salt, pinch
4 Bamboo Knot Picks, 4-5″