How to Cut a Pizza!
Most of our customers have very strong feelings regarding their pizza cuts. There is the classic pie cut which is a triangle shape, or the Chicago Favorite the square cut. Which cut is for you? Let’s find out!
First lets jump into the ever popular Pie Cut:
The triangle cut is the most efficient way to evenly slice up a circle. So naturally a pizza being a circle would be sliced like this out of necessity. This quickly became the only way people identified with pizza. Now if you’re a traditionalist than this is the cut for you. Some benefits of this cut are the following:
1) Every piece has crust, and nothing is better than crust.
2) Easy to hold and fold if you are into that sort of thing
3) Even slices, means no fighting. Every piece has all the goodness of the pizza.
If these features sound good to you, then welcome to the Pie club!
Now for the squares:
Here at Home Run Inn we don’t discriminate against the pie cut, but the square cut is part of our history. Many people don’t know why we cut our pizzas this way. Well back in 1947, when our pizza recipe was first developed, we would cut our pizzas in squares and hand them out for free as snacks to our tavern patrons. Once the patrons got a taste, they kept coming back for more than just beer. Some benefits of the square cut are:
1) Square cut has smaller pieces. Great for snacking or you feel like you can eat more. Blessing or Curse? You decide.
2) If you LOVE cheese and dislike crust (which is weird but okay…) then the middle ooey gooey squares are your best friends.
3) The ever coveted tiny triangle piece. The golden ticket of the square cut pie. All crust, All cuteness.
If these appeal to you, then be here and be Square!
What would you choose, Triangle or Square? Let us know below!