CHARCOAL: Build a mound of charcoal sufficient to cover the bottom of the grill. Ignite charcoal according to manufacturer’s recommendations. When briquettes are completely white hot, spread them to the outer circumference of the grill or divide them in half to each side of the grill, leaving the center of the grill free of briquettes.*
GAS: Set grill for medium direct heat (all burners on; medium-low setting) or medium indirect heat (only outside burners on; medium setting).*
- Pre-heat grill with lid closed for 8-10 minutes.
- Open grill lid and place an oven thermometer probe on the inside of the grill leaving the bulb indicator on the outside and close lid to verify that the grill temperature is at a minimum of 400°F.
- Open frozen pizza and remove all packaging materials.
- When grill is at the proper pre-heated temperature place frozen pizza directly in the center of the grill rack and close lid and grill for the recommended amount of time (see charts below).
- Halfway through the bake, rotate the pizza 18o degrees to make sure it gets an even bake.
|Cheese||11-13 min + 11-13 after rotating||13-15 min + 11-13 after rotating|
|Pepperoni||11-13 mi + 11-13 after rotating pizza||13-15 min + 11-13 after rotating|
|Sausage||13-15 min + 11-13 after rotating||13-15 min + 11-13 after rotating|
|Sausage & Pepperoni||13-15 min + 11-13 after rotating||13-15 min + 11-13 after rotating|
Ultra Thin Crust
|Cheese||6-8 min + 6-8 after rotating||6-8 min + 6-8 after rotating|
|Pepperoni||6-8 min + 6-8 after rotating||6-8 min + 6-8 after rotating|
|Sausage||14-16 min + 6-8 after rotating||8-10 min + 6-8 after rotating|
|Sausage & Pepperoni||14-16 min + 6-8 after rotating||8-10 min + 6-8 after rotating|
- With a food thermometer, probe the center of the pizza by placing the thermometer in the center of the cheese and or dough to verify that the pizza has reached an internal temperature of 160°F. If the pizza has not reached 160°F, add more briquettes and grill pizza until the internal temperature reaches 160°F.
- When pizza has reached an internal temperature of 160°F, remove pizza
Grill designs vary. Grill setup, temperatures, and times may need to be adjusted to achieve the desired results. Caution: Pizza is hot to touch; use proper utensils to remove pizza from the grill.