HOME RUN INN INC.’S
Overview of Use of Services and Information Collected
For each visitor to or user of Home Run Inn’s Services, Home Run Inn’s web server automatically recognizes and stores computer-readable information, such as the visitor’s IP address and domain name combination. This is typically anonymous information automatically provided by your computer. Home Run Inn uses this information to follow visitor traffic patterns through the Services to improve user experience. If your Internet browser employs blocking or “Do Not Track” technology that limits recognition or the collection of such computer-readable information, Home Run Inn will not alter or bypass such technology. Home Run Inn does not provide access to third parties to track your personal information through your use of the Services.
When you visit or use the Services, Home Run Inn may use “cookies” to store certain information on your computer that allows us to customize your visit to Home Run Inn’s Services or to simply facilitate signing into the Services. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but your browser settings can be adjusted to erase or block cookies or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. Please refer to your browser instructions or help screen to learn more about these functions.
In order to provide some of our services to you, including on-line purchases or comment entries, Home Run Inn may ask for some of your personal information, including your email address, name, mailing address, telephone number, or persistent identifier (such as a customer number held in a cookie). You should provide such personal information accurately, so we can communicate with you, perform services for you, or process your requests relating to any of your information that we have.
If you need to inform us about any changes to your personal information, or any changes you wish to make to Home Run Inn’s retention of your information, you can contact us through the “Contact Us” page at www.homeruninnpizza.com or by using the contact information below.
What Information Does Home Run Inn Collect From You?
In addition to the information described above that Home Run Inn may collect through your use of the Services (e.g., IP addresses, cookies), including but not limited to, setting up account information, filling out surveys, entering sweepstakes, corresponding with Home Run Inn or its affiliates, or otherwise volunteering information about yourself. Home Run Inn may have collected the following types of information that could constitute “Personal Information”:
- Identifiers: names, signatures, aliases, postal addresses, telephone numbers, unique personal identifiers, online identifiers, Internet Protocol addresses, e-mail addresses, Social Security numbers, driver’s license numbers, passport numbers, employment history, credit card numbers, bank account numbers, debit card numbers, medical information, health insurance information, or other similar identifiers;
- Information protected against security breaches: names, Social Security numbers, driver’s license numbers, passport numbers, credit card numbers, bank account numbers, debit card numbers;
- Protected legal characteristics: race, gender, etc.;
- Commercial information: product shipment addresses, purchase histories;
- Internet activity: information on customers’ interactions with the Services, interaction with social media sites maintained by Home Run Inn;
- Audio information;
- Employment information: employment history within or outside Home Run Inn;
- Educational information from education history;
- Geolocation data; and/or,
- Inferences about personal preferences: use of or visits to the Services; product purchases and reviews.
Please note that different jurisdictions may have varying definitions for Personal Information. You should check with local resources to determine how Personal Information is defined where you reside.
Sources of Information Collected by Home Run Inn
Home Run Inn may collect personal information through these sources:
- Customers providing information directly to Home Run Inn, such as through Home Run Inn’s “Contact Us” page, calls or e-mail made to our Customer Service department, or calls or e-mail to other Home Run Inn departments;
- Customers using the Services;
- Employment applications;
- Points of purchase for Home Run Inn’s products and services;
- Social media sites maintained by Home Run Inn;
- On-line purchases or donations;
- Vendor data used to provide services to Home Run Inn;
- Information provided at Home Run Inn events or locations;
- Information provided to obtain Home Run Inn food services; and/or,
- Geographic data and preferences from use of mobile applications.
You may choose to voluntarily disclose other information when using the Web Sites or Applications that we do not request, and, in such instances, you are solely responsible for such information. Further, certain Applications may capture information that you do not voluntary provide, such as background noise or secondary communications. Therefore, you should take steps to prevent the communication of unnecessary information when using such Applications.
Information Collected Automatically
When you visit the Web Sites or Applications, we automatically collect information about your device and how your device interacts with our Web Sites or Applications.
The categories of information we have collected about you in the last 12 months include the following:
- Service Use Data. We collect data about the features you use, the emails and advertisements you view, the products you consider and purchase, the date and time you access the Web Sites or Applications, the pages you access while using the Web Sites or Applications, and the internet address of the web sites, if any, from which you linked directly to the Web Sites or Applications, and other similar information.
- Device Connectivity and Configuration Data. We collect data about the type of device you use, the operating system and browser you use, your internet service provider, your device’s regional and language settings, and other similar information. This data also includes IP address, MAC address, device advertising Id (e.g., IDFA or AAID), and other device identifiers.
- Location Data. We collect data about your device’s location, which can be precise (e.g., latitude/longitude data) or imprecise (e.g., location derived from an IP address or data that indicates a city or postal code level).
- Log Files. A log file is a file that records events that occur in connection with your use of the Web Sites and Applications, such as IP address, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamps, and related data.
- Types of cookies and tags on our Web Sites and Applications include:
- Functionality: Used to remember your preferences and for facilitating transactions such as purchases.
- Performance or Analytics: Used to measure site activity to improve user experience.
- Targeting: Used to display information and offers that specifically interest you.
- Local Storage
- We use Local Storage, such as HTML5 storage, to store information related to whether the user has chosen to “Remain Logged In” as well as tokens if other services are used. We may partner with other entities to provide certain features on our Web Sites and Applications or to display advertising based upon your web browsing activity use Local Storage such as HTML 5 storage to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 Local Storage.
- Web Beacons (“Tracking Pixels“). Web beacons are pieces of code embedded in a website, video, email or advertisement that send information about your use to a server. There are various types of web beacons, including image pixels (which are small graphic images) and Java Script pixels (which contains Java Script code). When you access a website, video, email, or advertisement that contains a pixel, the pixel may permit us or another party to drop or read cookies on your browser. Web beacons are used in combination with cookies to track activity by a particular browser on a particular device. We may incorporate web beacons to allow us to track conversions, bring you advertising both on and off the Web Sites and Applications, and provide you with additional functionality, such as the ability to connect our Web Sites and Applications with your social media account.
- Location-identifying Technologies. GPS (global positioning systems) software, geo-filtering, and other location-aware technologies locate (sometimes precisely) you for purposes such as verifying your location and delivering or restricting relevant content based on your location.
- In-App Tracking Methods. There are a variety of tracking technologies that may be included in mobile applications, and these are not browser-based like cookies and cannot be controlled by browser settings. Some use device advertising Id or other device identifiers to associate app user activity to a particular app and to track user activity across apps.
We may incorporate tracking technologies into our emails, Web Sites, or Applications, as well as into our ads. Some of these tracking technologies may track your activities across time and services for purposes of associating the different devices you use, and delivering relevant ads and/or other content to you.
For further information on how we use tracking technologies for analytics and advertising and your rights and choices regarding them, please see the sections entitled “Analytics, Advertising, and Retargeting” and “Your Rights and Choices” below.
Information Collected from Other Sources
We also obtain information about you from other sources and combine such information with information we have collected about you. The categories of other sources from which we collect and have collected information in the last 12 months includes the following:
- Social networks when you reference our service or grant permission to Home Run Inn to access your data on one or more of these services.
- Business Partners with which we offer co-branded services, sell or distribute our products, or engage in joint marketing activities.
- Publicly available sources such as data in the public domain.
We are not responsible for the accuracy of any information provided by other sources or the data practices of other sources.
What Will Home Run Inn Do With Your Information?
When Home Run Inn receives your personal information, we may use your information or disclose your personal information to third parties in the following instances:
- you request or authorize it;
- to satisfy a reason or request for which you provided the information;
- to complete a transaction, donation, purchase, or payment;
- to prevent fraud;
- to respond to communications from you;
- to process employment applications or employment history inquiries;
- to help you locate Home Run Inn restaurant locations;
- to provide, personalize, develop, and support the Services and other services provided by Home Run Inn;
- to perform research on consumer preferences and habits;
- to comply with laws, regulations, governmental and quasi-governmental requests, court orders or subpoenas, and legal investigations;
- to protect the rights, property, safety, and security of Home Run Inn, you, and others;
- to allow our agents, outside vendors, or service providers to perform functions on our behalf, such as order processing, merchandise shipments, and application processing; and/or,
Purposes for Transactions of Personal Information
Home Run Inn does not sell your personal information to third parties for monetary consideration. Home Run Inn may have used or disclosed personal information to trusted third parties for business purposes. These business purposes include:
- Security: protecting against fraud and malicious activity;
- Related personal information: credit card numbers, debit card numbers, bank account information, names;
- Short-term use: contextual ad customization that does not involve or contribute to profiling;
- Related personal information: IP addresses, geolocation data, social media identifiers;
- Performing services: customer service; processing transactions; marketing;
- Related personal information: name, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, addresses, credit card numbers, debit card numbers, bank account information, geolocation data, purchase histories;
- Internal research to develop or demonstrate technology;
- Related personal information: geolocation data, social media identifiers, IP addresses, product purchases and reviews, unique personal identifiers;
- Testing or improving the Services or other products and services provided by Home Run Inn;
- Related personal information: geolocation data, social media identifiers, IP addresses, e-mail addresses, voicemail, product purchases and reviews, unique personal identifiers, online identifiers;
- Processing job applications and providing employment opportunities; and/or,
- Related personal information: names, signatures, aliases, postal addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, Social Security numbers, driver’s license numbers, passport numbers, employment history, race, gender, education history.
Home Run Inn only shares this personal information to the extent necessary to fulfill these business purposes. Home Run Inn requires such third parties to maintain security measures to ensure privacy and security for personal information.
Notwithstanding the above, we may use information that does not identify you (including aggregate information or information that has been de-identified) without obligation to you except as prohibited by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we use your information, please see the section entitled “Your Rights and Choices” below.
Disclosure Of Information
- Service Providers. Home Run Inn shares information with entities that help us with maintaining and operating our Web Sites and Applications, payment processing, data analytics, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes. These companies may only use such information for the purpose of performing those functions and may not use it for any other purpose, although we may permit them to use aggregate information which does not identify you or de-identified data for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law.
- Vendors. We share information with vendors and other entities in connection with tailoring advertisements, measuring and improving our Web Sites or Applications and advertising effectiveness, and enabling other enhancements. These companies may act as our service providers, or in certain contexts, independently decide how to process your information. For more information on advertising and analytics, see the section entitled “Analytics, Advertising, and Retargeting” below.
- Affiliates. We share information with our related entities including our parent and sister companies. For example, we share your information with our affiliates for customer support, marketing, and technical operations.
- Business Partners. We share information with our business partners in connection with offering you co-branded services, selling or distributing our products, or engaging in joint marketing activities.
- Promotions. Our Promotions may be jointly sponsored or offered by other entities. If you voluntarily choose to enter a Promotion, we share information as set out in the official rules that govern the Promotion as well as for administrative purposes and as required by law (e.g., on a winners list). By entering a Promotion, you agree to the official rules that govern that Promotion, and may, except where prohibited by applicable law, allow the sponsor and/or other entities to use your name, voice and/or likeness in advertising or marketing materials.
- Merger or Acquisition. We may share information if Home Run Inn is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets. In such event, you may be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web Sites or Applications of any change in ownership or uses of your information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your information.
- Facilitating Requests. We share information at your request or direction, such as when you choose to share information with a social network about your activities on the Web Sites or Applications.
- Consent. We may share your information with notice and as required by applicable law, with your consent.
- Notwithstanding the above, Home Run Inn may disclose aggregated or de-identified information for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we share your information, please see the section entitled “Your Rights and Choices” below.
External Links, Applications And Devices
Social Media Features
Analytics, Advertising, And Retargeting
We also use audience matching services to reach people (or people similar to people) who have visited our Web Sites, Applications, or are identified in one or more of our databases (“Matched Ads”). This is done by us uploading a customer list to a technology service or programmatically by incorporating technologies such as pixels, SDKs, or APIs from a technology service into our own Web Sites or Applications, and the technology service matching common factors between our data and their data. For instance, we incorporate the Facebook pixel on our Web Sites and may share your email address with Facebook as part of our use of Facebook Custom Audiences.
For further information on the types of tracking technologies we use and your rights and choices regarding analytics, interest-based advertising, and Matched Ads, please see the sections entitled “Information Collected Automatically” above and “Your Rights and Choices” below.
Third Party Sites
Credit Card Purchases
Home Run Inn may ask you to provide a credit card number in order to purchase a product. Credit card transactions are processed by a third-party professional payment authorization service selected by Home Run Inn to provide added security and reliability. Only the purchase price and the credit card information provided by you are supplied to this third-party service. Information collected during credit card transactions is maintained in the service’s database for accounting and billing purposes and is not released to other third parties. Home Run Inn does not maintain a copy of your credit card information on its servers and will not use your credit card information for any purpose other than processing your order.
Your Rights And Choices
Review and Update of Account Information. You have the right to access certain account information that you have voluntarily submitted to us through the Web Sites and Applications. You may correct, update, amend, delete, or remove that information by making the change within your Home Run Inn online account or contacting us as set forth below. We may require additional information from you to allow us to confirm your identity. Please note that we will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Tracking Technologies Generally. Most web browsers (such as Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox and Apple Safari) accept cookies by default. You can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to decline or delete cookies. If you use multiple browsers on your device, you will need to instruct each browser separately. Your ability to limit cookies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
You can reset your device advertising Id at any time through your device settings, which is designed to allow you to limit the use of information collected about you. For information on how to do this on Apple devices, visit Apple.com or https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202074. For information on how to do this on Android devices, visit Google.com. You can stop all collection of information via an app by uninstalling the app.
The location data collected through an app depends on your device settings and app permissions. You can exercise choice over the location data collected through our apps by (i) for GPS data, disabling location in your device settings or disabling location permissions to that app; (ii) for Bluetooth data, disabling Bluetooth and any Bluetooth scanning option in your device settings; or (iii) for WiFi data, disabling WiFi and any WiFi scanning option in your device settings. You can stop collection of all location data via an app by uninstalling the app.
Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, there is no industry consensus as to what site and app operators should do with regard to these signals.
If you disable cookies or other device tracking features, however, you may not be able to use certain functions of the Web Sites or Applications.
In order to provide service to you, we may send you communications related to your transactions, security or the administration of the Web Sites or Applications. From time to time, Home Run Inn may also send you other messages or updates about our Web Sites, Applications, Home Run Inn, or our Promotions and other activities. If you do not wish to receive promotional communications from Home Run Inn, you can opt out at any time by following the instructions provided in those communications or by contacting us as set forth below. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving promotional communications, we may continue to send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account, servicing, or our ongoing business relations.
Notice Regarding Minors
Home Run Inn does not intend to collect personally identifiable information from children under age 18 (or under the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence) without permission from a parent or guardian. Home Run Inn strongly encourages all parents to supervise their children’s on-line activities and regularly monitor their children’s use of the Internet, including use of Home Run Inn’s Services. Parents should consider using parental control tools and other services to assist them in supervising their children’s on-line use or on-line disclosure of their name, address or other personal information without parental consent.
Request to Remove Posts by Minors
This provision only applies to Home Run Inn’s Services and does not apply to any websites operated by third parties that may have content related to Home Run Inn and its Services, such as social media sites. Also, this provision only applies to content that you post yourself and does not apply to content posted by third parties, even if it refers to you.
What Rights Do You Have?
California Consumers: The CCPA allows users of our website that are California consumers to request access to, change, or erase their personal information as collected by Home Run Inn. California consumers are California residents who are either within California or outside of California on a temporary basis. California consumers includes direct customers, employees, and business to business customers. See “Exercising Your Rights” below for further information.
- Access to Specific Information and Data Portability: California residents have the right to request that Home Run Inn disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the 12 months prior to the date of the inquiry. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose the categories of Personal Information we have collect about you and the category of the source of the Personal Information, our business or commercial purpose for collecting that Personal Information, the categories of third parties with whom we shared that Personal Information and the recipient category of any third party who received information for a business purpose, and a copy of the specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you.
- Right to Request Information About Disclosure to Third Parties: You may request information about our disclose of personal information to third parties or affiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please follow the instructions in the “Exercising Your Rights” section.
- Deletion Request Rights. You have the right to request that we delete any of your Personal Information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete your Personal Information and direct our service providers to delete your Personal Information. The following exceptions may apply, and we may deny your request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Information;
- Take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you;
- Perform our contract with you;
- Detect security incidents or protect against malicious or illegal activity;
- Comply with any other relevant California or federal law;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us;
- Comply with a legal obligation; and/or,
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that Information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
- Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights. You have the right to direct us not to sell your personal information at any time (the “right to opt out”). The law defines “sale” more broadly than you may believe. “Sale” covers the transfer of Personal Information to any third party in exchange for valuable consumer information. We do not transfer your information to third parties in exchange for money, but we may transfer Personal Information to third parties to operate our business. To exercise the right to opt-out, you or your authorized representative may submit a request to us by filling out the California Consumer Privacy Act Opt-Out Form. Once you make an opt-out request, we are required by law to wait at least 12 months before asking you to reauthorize personal information sales, but you may change your mind and opt-in by emailing us. Customers who opt-in may opt-out of future sales at any time.
There are some exceptions to opting out. We can transfer data to a service provider even if you opt out. A service provider is a business that agrees not to use your information for any purpose other than providing the services specified in our contract, like a business partner that manages our data security. We can also transfer your information to a third party if it is necessary to process an order or other transaction to which you have agreed and directed us to complete. Collecting information and using that information ourselves for internal, reasonable business activity is not a sale. If you opt-out, we may still collect and process your Personal Information for our internal purposes. Opt-out also applies only to Personal Information; information that has been anonymized and aggregated is no longer Personal Information and opting out will not limit our ability to transfer this kind of data to third parties.
There are also reasonable technical limitations on opting out. Where we can reasonably determine that information relates to you, and you submit a verifiable consumer request to opt-out of data sales, we will not “sell” it to third parties. However, if we are unable to determine that information relates to you, it will not be covered by an opt-out request.
Opting out is not unsubscribing from marketing messages from us. Please follow the unsubscribe link in any email communications from Home Run Inn to unsubscribe to email communications.
How Do I Exercise My Rights As A California Consumer?
If you are a California Consumer, you have certain privacy rights under the CCPA. You may only make two requests as described below over a 12-month period. To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights reserved to California consumers, a consumer may submit a verifiable consumer request by either:
– Accessing our web form at https://www.homeruninnpizza.com/contact/; or
– By physically mailing your request to:
Home Run Inn
1300 Internationale Parkway
Woodridge, IL 60517
Only you or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a one-year period.
A verifiable consumer request must provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify that you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information (or an authorized representative thereof) and must describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to a request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm that the Personal Information relates to you.
We will endeavor to respond to all verifiable consumer requests within 45 days. If we require more time, up to 90 days total, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
Your Nevada Privacy Rights
Nevada law (NRS 603A.340) requires each business to establish a designated request address where Nevada consumers may submit requests directing the business not to sell certain kinds of personal information that the business has collected or will collect about the consumer. A sale under Nevada law is the exchange of personal information for monetary consideration by the business to a third party for the third party to license or sell the personal information to other third parties.
Home Run Inn maintains reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to help guard your information from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware, however, that any email or other transmission you send through the internet cannot be completely protected, and we cannot guarantee the security of your information collected through our Web Sites or Applications.
Home Run Inn is committed to keeping your data safe. In the event you detect any security vulnerabilities, we want to hear from you. Please report all security vulnerabilities by contacting us through the “Contact Us” page at www.homeruninnpizza.com or by using the contact information below.
Home Run Inn reserves the right to modify or supplement this policy at any time. If a material change to the terms of this policy is made, Home Run Inn will post a notice prior to the change becoming effective on its homepage and a link to the new policy.
Revocations of Policy and Questions
– Accessing our webform at https://www.homeruninnpizza.com/contact/; or
– By physically mailing your request to:
Home Run Inn
1300 Internationale Parkway
Woodridge, IL 60517
This policy was last updated on February 23, 2022.