Prep Time: 7 min | Cook Time: 15-20 min | Cook Temp: 450°
- 12″ HRI Classic Cheese Pizza
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- 1/2 lb white cheddar
- ½ lb Dubliner cheese
- 1/2 lb elbow macaroni or shells
- 1 ½ cup whole milk
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450˚F
- Prepare cheese. Shred Dubliner and white cheddar cheese using a box grater.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Once boiling, add elbow macaroni and cook to al dente according to package directions (about 6-7 minutes). Strain and rinse thoroughly. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, place pizza in the oven directly on the oven rack and bake for 17-18 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
- Return the pot to the burner and heat over medium. Add butter, milk, and salt and pepper. Bring to a low simmer.
- Once warm, add ½ the grated cheese, and stir until completely melted. Add remaining ½ of cheese, setting aside about ½ cup for later. Stir until completely melted and silky smooth.
- Add cooked macaroni to the melted cheese mixture, and stir until evenly coated. Note: if the cheese is stringy, keep the pan over low heat and add more butter, 1 tablespoon at a time until the macaroni and cheese is creamy.
- Spoon the macaroni and cheese over the cooked pizza and top with the reserved ½ cup of cheese. Turn the oven to broil on high and place the pizza on the rack closest to the top. Broil for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven, top with parsley, and cool for 2-3 minutes before slicing into squares and enjoying!